Try These Tasty Beef Recipes
Try these delicious beef recipes on your barbecue, I've included a couple of mediteranean flavour recipes as that is where where I spend most of the year. By adding marinades or bastes or serving with relishes or sauces a very tasty meal is created. If time permits marinade the beef first as it adds flavour and helps to tenderize it. If time is short then use a baste to keep the meat moist and help it cook. In beef recipes (steaks) the center can be left pink if you like your meat rare but make sure that in minced beef recipes the meat is cooked right through. It is a good idea to trim any excess fat off the meat so that it does not drip on to the coals, causing them to flare up, you could keep a water spray handy just in case.
An easy recipe with a great flavour-use brandy if you prefer.
Ingredients - serves 4
4 beef steaks
4 tbsp whisky
2 tbsp soy sauce
1 tbsp dark muscavado sugar
1. Cut the steaks at intervals round the edges to stop the meat curling up at the edges when it cooks.
2. Place the meat in a shallow not metallic dish.
3. Mix together the whisky,soy sauce,sugar and pepper to taste in a small
bowl, stirring until the sugar dissolves. Pour mixture over steak, cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
4. Barbecue the beef on the hottest part of the barbecue for about 2 mins. on each side then move the meat to a slightly less intense heat area and cook for a further 4-10 mins. on each side according to how well done you like your steaks.
Serve with salad and garlic bread.
Beef, Olive and Tomato Kebabs with Tomato Relish
The olives give these kebabs a Mediterranean flavour
Ingredients - Serves 8
450g 1 lb rump or sirloin steak
6 cherry tomatoes
16 large green olives, pitted
4 tbsp olive oil
1 tbsp sherry vinegar
1 clove garlic
salt and pepper
1. Trim any fat from the meat and cut into about 24 evenly sized pieces.
2. Thread the meat on to 8 skewers alternating with the cerry tomatoes and the olives.
3. To make the baste, combine the oil, vinigar, garlic, salt and pepper to taste in a bowl.
4. Barbecue the skewers on an oiled rack basting and turning frequently for about 5-10 mins. or until cooked through.
1 tbsp olive oil
1/2 red onion, chopped finely
1 clove garlic chopped
6 plum tomatoes, deseeded, skinned and chopped
2 pitted green olives, sliced
1 tbsp chopped, parsley
1 tbsp lemon juice
1. Heat oil in a small pan and fry the onion and garlic for 3-4 mins. until softened. Add the tomatoes and olives and cook for 2-3 mins. until the tomatoes are softened slightly. Stir in the parsley and lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Set aside and keep warm or chill.
Serve kebabs with the tomato relish, salad and crusty fresh bread.
Beef Kofta with Mixed Bean Salad
A simple dish, quick to prepare but very tasty.
Ingredients - Serves 4
500/1 lb minced beef
2 onions, quartered
3 slices bread, crusts removed
1 tsp cumin
2 cloves garlic
1. Place all ingredients into a food processor and process until onion is well chopped and all ingredients are mixed together. Remove from bowl and shape mixture around skewers to form sausages, chill until required. cook on barbecue for about 10 -15mins. turning frequently.
Mixed Bean Salad
1 can mixed beans and chickpeas
1 small onion, chopped
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp white wine vinegar
1 tsp crushed chilli flakes
1 tbsp chopped mint
salt and pepper to taste
1. Drain the mixed beans and tip into a bowl
2. Mix all other ingredients into the beans, adding more oil and vinegar if needed, refrigerate until required.
Serve kofta with the mixed bean salad, sliced tomato and crusty bread
It would be great to receive your beef recipes, please use the contact me form to share your favorites.
Return to home page from Beef Recipes
Go to chicken recipes
Go to lamb recipes
Go to pork recipes
Go to fish recipes
Go to vegetable recipes
Go to salad recipes
Go to dessert recipes
Go to barbecue recipes