Succulent Chicken Recipes
Chicken recipes are very popular to cook on the barbecue, they are not too expensive if you're on a budget and most people enjoy chicken. So try these moreish chicken recipes, my favourite is the Spicy chicken, enjoy!
This is a dish with an Indian flavour and delicious with a Cucumber Raita.
Ingredients - Serves 4
4 Chicken Breasts,Skinned and Boned
2 tbsp Curry Paste
1 tbsp Sunflower Oil
1 tbsp Brown Sugar
1 tsp Ground Ginger
1/2 tsp Ground Cumin
1. Flatten the chicken breasts by placing between parchment or clingfilm and pound with a meat mallet or rolling pin, this makes them thinner and so they cook more quickly.
2. In a bowl mix together the oil, sugar, curry paste, ginger and cumin and spread on both sides of the chicken breasts, put breasts into a dish and refrigerate until required.
3. Place chicken on oiled rack over the hot coals and cook for about 10 mins.
150ml/5 fl oz/2/3 Cup Natural Yogurt
1/4 tsp Chilli Powder
1. Peel the cucumber and cut in half lenghways, scoop out the seeds and grate the flesh. Place in a sieve and sprinkle with salt, leave to stand for 10 mins. Rinse off the salt and squeeze out moisture by pressing through sieve with back of a spoon or base of a glass.
2. Mix yogurt with the cucumber and stir in the chilli powder. Refrigerate until required. Serve with the chicken and some salads.
This works well on the barbecue and is a popular choice with many people
Ingredients - Serves 6
4 Chicken breasts, boned and skinned
4 tbsp lemon or lime juice
1/4 tsp salt
150 ml/5 fl oz/2/3 cup natural yogurt
2 cloves garlic, crushed
2.5/1 inch piece root ginger, peeled and grated
1 tsp ground cumin
1 tsp chilli powder
1/2 tsp ground coriander
1/2 tsp ground turmeric
oil or melted butter for brushing
1. Cut chicken into 2.5cm/1 inch cubes. Sprinke with the salt and lemon or lime juice and leave to stand for about ten mins.
2. To make the marinade mix together the yogurt,garlic, ginger,and ground spices together in a bowl.
3. Thread the cubes of chicken on to skewers. Brush the marinade over the chicken. Cover and leave to marinate in the refridgerator for at least two hours or preferably over night.
4. Barbecue the chicken, brushing with oil and butter, turning frequently for about 15 mins. or until cooked through.
Serve with a mint sauce-easily made by mixing 150 ml/5 fl oz/2/3 cup of natural yogurt with 1 tsp mint sauce.
Cajun Style Chicken
Spices are rubbed into the chicken giving it loads of flavour
Ingredients - serves 4
4 chicken portions
1 clove garlic
1 tbsp light muscavado sugar
3 tbsp paprika
2 tsp cayenne pepper
1 tsp dried oregano
1 tsp dried sage
1 tsp dried thyme
4 tbsp sunflower oil
2 tbsp lemon juice
salt and pepper
1. Using a sharp knife, make 2-3 slashes in the flesh of the chicken.
2. Cut the garlic clove in half and rub the cut surface over the chicken portions, season with salt and pepper.
3. Mix together the sugar, spices and dried herbs in a bowl. Sprinkle over the chicken and rub into the flesh. Cover and refrigerate for at least two hours.
4. Mix together the oil and lemon juice in a small bowl, brush over the chicken liberally.
5. Barbecue chicken for about 30 mins. turning and basting with the oil and lemon mixture.
Test the chicken is cooked by piercing with a skewer, the juices should run clear.
I hope you enjoy trying out these chicken recipes, as well as the recipes on this page you can find many other barbecue recipes from fish to desserts and dips on other pages. I would love to hear what your favorite chicken recipes are, so please e-mail me and share the recipes that work for you.
Return to home page from chicken recipes
Go to beef recipes
Go to lamb recipes
Go to pork recipes
Go to fish recipes
Go to dessert recipes
Go to vegetable recipes
Go to salad recipes
Go to barbecue recipes