Delicious Dessert Recipes
Here are some dessert recipes which can be cooked on the barbecue. They are fun to cook and some can be prepared in advance and left above the cooling coals to cook while you enjoy tucking in to your main course, view. Fruit is a good choice as it contrasts well with the often filling main courses.
Mincemeat Stuffed Pears
Choose pears with firm flesh as they can quickly loose their shape when cooked if too soft.
Ingredients - Serves 4
4 firm pears
1 tsp lemon juice
2 tbsp mincemeat
5 tbsp cake crumbs or 4 amaretti biscuits, crushed
15g/1/2 oz butter
1. With a sharp knife, cut the pears in half. Using a teaspoon, scoop out the core and discard.
2. Brush the cut surface of the pear halves with a little lemon juice to prevent discoloration.
3. Mix together the mincemeat and the cake crumbs or crushed ameretti biscuits.
4. Divide the mixture among the pear halves, spooning it into a mound where the core has been removed.
5. Place 2 pear halves on a large square of double thickness kitchen foil and dot generously all over with the butter.
6. Wrap up the foil around the pears so that they are completely enclosed.
7. Barbecue for about 25-30 mins.until just tender.
Serve with scoops of vanilla ice cream.
Fruit Kebabs With Toffee Sauce
Use firm apples and for this recipe such as Golden delicious, Granny Smith or Braeburn as soft apples and pears will become mushy when cooked
Ingredients - Serves 4
2 dessert apples, cored and cut into wedges
2 pears, cored and cut into wedges
juice of 1/2 lemon
25g/1 oz light muscovado sugar
1/4 tsp ground allspice
25g/1 oz unsalted butter, melted
125g/4 1/2 oz butter
100g/3 1/2 oz light muscovado sugar
6 tbsp double (heavy) cream
1. Toss the apple and pears in the lemon juice to prevent discoloration
2. Mix the sugar and allspice together and sprinkleover the fruit
3. Thread the fruit pieces on to skewers.
4. To make the toffee sauce, place the butter and sugar in a pan and heat, stirring gently until the butter has melted and the sugar dissolved
5. Add the cream to the pan and bring to the boil. Boil for 1-2 mins. then set aside to cool slightly.
6. Meanwhile barbecue the fruit for about 5 mins. basting with the melted butter until the fruit is just tender.
Serve the kebabs with toffee sauce drizzled over.
Boozy Baked Bananas
A really yummy dessert recipe and so easy to make.
Prepare the orange flavoured cream in advance but leave making up the banana parcels until just before you barbecue to prevent discoloration, as they are very quick to prepare.
2 passion fruit
4 tbsp orange juice
4 tbsp orange flavoured liqueur
Orange Flavoured Cream
150 ml/5 fluid oz/ 2/3 cup double (heavy) cream
3 tbsp icing (confectioners) sugar
2 tbsp orange flavoured liqueur
1. Peel the bananas and place each one on a sheet of kitchen foil
2. Cut the passion fruit in half and squeeze the juice of each half over each banana. Spoon over the orange juice and liqueur.
3. Fold the kitchen foil over the top of the bananas to enclose the bananas completely.
4. Barbecue the bananas for about 10 mins. or until the bananas are just tender.
5. To make the orange flavoured cream, pour the double (heavy) cream into a mixing bowl and sprinkle over the icing (confectioners) sugar. Whisk the Mixture until it is standing in soft peaks> Carefully fold in the orange flavoured liqueur and leave to chill in the refrigerator until required
Serve the bananas with the orange flavoured cream spooned on top to enjoy a delicious dessert recipe.
There will be more delicious dessert recipes coming soon, please bare with me as this site is under construction.
Return to home page from Dessert Recipes
Go to chicken recipes
Go to beef recipes
Go to lamb recipes
Go to pork recipes
Go to vegetable recipes
Go to salad recipes
Go to fish recipes
Go to barbecue recipes